North Lanarkshire Council
|Project:||Measured Term Contract for Re-Roofing and Re-Rendering plus Associated Works|
|Value:||£15million (Circa £2.5million per annum)|
|Term:||2007 - 2012|
Working towards improving their housing stock to achieve the criteria set out in the Scottish Housing Quality Standard 2015, North Lanarkshire Council have commissioned substantial roofing and roughcast renewal. As part of these works, A.C. Whyte & Co. was awarded the roof and render term contract from 2007-2012. The properties included in the contract vary from bungalows, 4-in-a-block, terraced and semi-detached to tenemental and sheltered housing. North Lanarkshire Council have a set specification that external fabric refurbishment works must achieve. To date, A.C. Whyte & Co. have achieved this specification with works being completed on time, to budget and with the highest quality of workmanship.
As well as being extremely competitive in their pricing structures, the quality of workmanship and site supervision has always been first class.
James Orr, North Lanarkshire Council
- Re-roofing slate and tile covered roofs with Redland Renown Tiles.
- Asbestos removed from eaves and disposed of off-site.
- Existing fascias and soffits stripped and replaced with white UPVC.
- New leadwork to flashings, valleys and owner occupier joints.
- Gas safety checks carried out on each property prior to the works commencing and after the works are complete to ensure that the gas flue has not been disturbed in any way.
- Overflow pipes, pressure relief valves and external taps extended to suit the new render system.
- Existing walls prepared to allow re-roughcast works using polymer dashing render, comprising of reinforcing alkali resistant fibre glass mesh coat and finished with a dashing render complete with dry dash aggregate.
- Existing underbuildings prepared to receive a silicone impregnated render finish.
- New gutters, rainwater and soil drainage systems installed to suit new render system.
- New powder coated aluminium overcills installed to existing windows to suit new render system.
- Mastic pointing applied all window and door reveals to fill all voids.
- Masonry paint applied to all smooth finishes including underbuilding and window and door reveals, and gloss paint applied to all soil and waste pipes and all timber doors and frames as required.
System: Alumasc Polymer Dashing Render System