North Ayrshire Council
|Project:||Overcladding, Roofing and Window Replacement, High Flats, Irvine|
|Term:||March 2006 to February 2007|
Contracted by North Ayrshire Council, works consisted of the external refurbishment of five multi storey blocks - Lugton, Doon, Afton, Annick and Garnock - centrally located within the town of Irvine, North Ayrshire. The system was designed to deal with persistent water penetration problems which had proven difficult to deal with in the past. The blocks were accessed using a mast climber system. Unlike conventional scaffolding this method involved the erection of one or two vertical masts on each elevation of the blocks. The masts supported a moving platform that remained in place for the duration of the works to each elevation.
- Walls prepared for an external wall insulation system incorporating a 90mm mineral fibre insulation board, reinforcing alkali resistant fibre glass mesh coat and finished with a dashing render complete with dry dash aggregate.
- Existing glazed roof screens removed, re-erected and painted.
- New roof fencing erected.
- Existing promenade roof tiles uplifted and new promenade roof tiling system laid.
- Existing UPVC windows replaced with new UPVC windows.
System: Alumasc Swisslab System of External Wall Insulation