|Project:||External Upgrade to 3 Multi Storey Blocks, Port Glasgow|
|Term:||2006 - 2008|
Working with Inverclyde Council, A. C. Whyte & Co. was employed as Main Contractor for the refurbishment of three fifteen-storey blocks of flats. The regeneration works carried out vastly improved the appearance of the blocks, which are a focal point in the landscape of Port Glasgow. Furthermore, the external wall insulation system installed on the blocks, will improve the thermal performance of the buildings and through time tenants should benefit from a reduction in fuel bills.
Quality of workmanship, attitude and commitment exceeded project requirements in all areas.
- Concrete repairs to exiting concrete panel substrate.
- Existing walls prepared to allow external insulated render system comprising 90mm thick mineral fibre board with dry dash aggregate finish.
- New powder coated aluminium overcills installed to existing windows to suit new render system.
- Landscaping works including new concrete paving slabs to front court yard.
- Mastic pointing applied to all window and door reveals to fill all voids.
- Full internal decoration of entrance lobbies and lighting upgrade.
- New entrance security door and new door entry system installed including new intercoms to flats.
System: Weber Therm XL External Insulated Render System.