Our dedicated team
Robert Phin - Managing Director MRICS
Robert joined the company in 1984 as a Quantity Surveyor. After just four years he was promoted to Director level and secured the MD role in 1999. From 2002, under Robert’s leadership, our turnover in the social housing market has increased steadily from £4.4m to around £13m in 2005-06, an increase of 195%. In 1990 the company began to secure main contractor works and since 2005 has achieved a turnover of between £9m & £13m pa, which it has maintained throughout the recession.
Training: our commitment to excellence
A. C. Whyte is laying the foundations for the future by investing in new talent, training the next generation and embracing change to enable us to continue a steady growth. Our approach will be two-fold: tending to existing clients and maintaining our reputation for a first class service, whilst expanding our customer base and exploring new opportunities.
Our dedicated team possesses a wealth of skills and experience (many staff members have been with us for ten plus years). We are investing in the company's future with a dynamic young team of apprentice surveyors working alongside the more experienced staff members.
Highly skilled and experienced: a team you can trust
- Senior management have a combined industry experience of over 160 years.
- As part of our commitment to energy efficiency, we ensure that staff are highly trained in the very latest energy-saving technologies.
- The open-plan structure of our new premises will boost the flow of communication and include facilities for staff training on site.
- We carry out continuous inward investment in site management teams and operatives to ensure full compliance with current legislation and full compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- All Site Managers have completed and passed the 5 day Site Management Safety Training Scheme, Health and Safety Touch Screen Test at Management Level and Health & Safety at Work Act 1974: Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- We have recently promoted eight operatives to the level of fully-qualified Site Supervisors, complete with Site Supervision qualification, ensuring a level of authority when the dedicated Site Manager is not present.
- A number of staff members and all Site Managers have undertaken first aid training.
- We are committed to all operatives obtaining their CSCS skill card.
- We also have an on-going training program for all our operatives, which identifies individual training requirements and is delivered by an independent training advisor, who also provides us with many short duration courses and any bespoke training requirements we may have as well as SVQs SMSTS and SSTS.
- All training is carried out to the highest standards and follows the National Agreed Standards and Employers National Training Organisation requirements.
Our highly-motivated team is now in a perfect position to tend to the needs of our existing, highly-valued client base, whilst benefiting from new opportunities in an ever-evolving market.