We maintain an extremely customer-friendly approach, focusing on the needs of not only our clients but the residents of properties being upgraded. With the following measures, we do our utmost to ensure that residents are consulted throughout the process, and that minimum disruption occurs.
Professional approach from start to finish and communicated well with our tenants during the contracts.
James McKinlay, Antonine Housing Association
- We strongly believe in a personal touch, writing to residents and owners of adjoining properties before works begin. This will inform them of not only the nature and duration of the works, but also which subcontractors may need entry to their homes, thus avoiding ‘bogus callers’. This letter includes the Site Manager’s name and mobile number as well our main office number.
- Prior to works commencing, it is not uncommon for team members to attend residents’ meetings to answer questions and assuage any concerns. This makes residents more relaxed about works, leading to a more cooperative working relationship, and therefore fewer complaints and issues for the local authority or housing association to deal with. In some instances in-depth surveys are conducted with residents.
- Gas checks are carried out on every property before and after work has taken place to ensure that there has been no disruption/damage or any danger to the occupants or workers. If we cannot gain access, then a ‘no access’ letter is posted to the address, explaining the importance of the procedure and asking the resident to contact us.
- Site Managers and Supervisors regularly chap on residents’ doors to discuss issues face to face.
- All properties are photographed before and after the works. This greatly assists with any complains our client may receive.
- We ensure a quick and effective response to residents’ complaints through our complaints procedure as detailed in our Quality Systems Manual.
A.C. Whyte pledges to offer the very best service to clients and residents of properties being upgraded. Full details of the processes involved are contained within our Quality Manual which we submitted to gain ISO 9001 certification.